The French Club welcomes all those interested in speaking French and in learning about French and francophone cultures. Our director of language instruction in French, Erin Candeias, serves as the club's faculty director, assisted by Melissa Lapalus and Decker Pope. The aim of the French Club is to offer enrichment activities for current Indiana University French students, while also exposing the broader campus and Bloomington communities to aspects of French and francophone culture.
As our largest events, cultural events provide fun and unique opportunities to engage with French and Francophone culture through performances, dance, food, games, music, and more!
Semaine de la Francophonie
From March 16th to March 24th - Make sure to follow us on our social media to not miss anything of our daily events and surprises during that week!
Chasse au Trésor pour Pâques
Early April (date and time TBA - depending on the weather). More info to come on our social media!
Festival de Cannes à Bloomington
French Club is proud to throw the first Festival de Cannes ever in Bloomington on Friday, April 19th from 1:45pm to 4:15pm in GA 0001. There will be a red carpet so you can pose and take photos before the showing of the amazing movie Yves-Saint-Laurent.
The French Club hosts a film series each semester. This Spring 2024, they are excited to show five movies in styles ranging from comedy, drama, old French classics, to action films. There is a movie for everyone!
- Friday, January 26th from 6pm to 8pm in GA 1128: Eiffel (2021)
- Friday, February 2nd from 6pm to 8pm in GA 1128: Indiana Jones 2 (1984)
- Friday, February 23rd from 5pm to 7pm in GA 1128: Mystère à Saint-Tropez (2021)
- Friday, March 22nd from 3pm to 5pm in GA 0001: Astérix et Obélix (2023)
- Friday, April 19th from 2pm to 5pm in GA 0001: Yves-Saint-Laurent (2014)
This series provides an opportunity to speak French in a fun, informal setting, no matter your level. Each table will have a chosen topic. Come join us to find out more!
- Wednesday, January 31st in GA 3170 from 5:30pm to 6:30pm : La gastronomie française
- Tuesday, February 13th in GA 3134 from 6:30pm to 7:30pm with Les Chevaliers (IU's student-run French Club): Mardi Gras
- Wednesday, March 20th in GA 3170 from 5:30pm to 6:30pm: Journée de la Francophonie
- Wednesday, April 10th in GA 3170 from 5:30pm to 6:30pm: Le luxe en France
Make sure to follow French Club on social media so you don't miss the news on any of our events!
Facebook: IU French Club