Florence skyline from Piazzale Michelangelo
Grand Canal, Venice
Chateau Haut Koenigsburg in Alsace France
Folio from Le Roman de la Rose, 1390
Ewa musicians in Mekoviade, Togo
Bienvenue and benvenuto! The Department of French and Italian at Indiana University-Bloomington offers courses ranging from elementary language to doctoral seminars, with topics ranging from French dialectology to Francophone media studies; from medieval manuscripts to the Mafia in Italian film. The expertise of our 23 faculty members covers the spectrum of French and Italian language, literature, culture, and pedagogy, and we also sponsor a rich program of co-curricular activities including music, lectures, cooking, and even sports in French and Italian. Discover all that FRIT has to offer!
- Italian professor Marco Arnaudo doesn't play games—even when he's playing games.
- ONLINE COURSES: New, lower rates coming soon for non-degree out-of-state students who want to take only online foreign language courses!
- Recent faculty publications range from Universal History to the development of narrative board games
- BA, MA, and PhD graduates celebrate at annual reception
- Doctoral Student Receives Dissertation Fellowship for Study of Early Cookbooks
Find out more here
- We have wonderful course offerings in French and Italian for Fall 2018
Check them out here!