Florence skyline from Piazzale Michelangelo
Grand Canal, Venice
Chateau Haut Koenigsburg in Alsace France
Folio from Le Roman de la Rose, 1390
Ewa musicians in Mekoviade, Togo
Bienvenue and benvenuto! The Department of French and Italian at Indiana University-Bloomington offers courses ranging from elementary language to doctoral seminars, with topics ranging from French dialectology to Francophone media studies; from medieval manuscripts to the Mafia in Italian film. The expertise of our 23 faculty members covers the spectrum of French and Italian language, literature, culture, and pedagogy, and we also sponsor a rich program of co-curricular activities including music, lectures, cooking, and even sports in French and Italian. Discover all that FRIT has to offer!
- Fall 2019 course offerings
Check them out here!
- Upcoming lecture March 22nd 4pm (IMU - University Club) by William Carter: "Proust's Bouquet of Girls in Bloom: A Centennial Celebration"
- April exhibit at the Lilly Library explores banned books and engravings in Europe and the United States from the 17th-20th centuries
- New Trends in Modern and Contemporary Italian Cinema (10th annual Film Symposium featuring director Wilma Labate)
April 17-20, 2019
- ONLINE COURSES: New, lower rates are now available for non-degree out-of-state students who want to take only online foreign language courses!