- Kelly Sax
- Lindley Hall 130
- Days and Times
- TR, 11:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Course Description
- How and when did everything French become chic?
- Why is French cuisine known for its quality throughout the world?
- What is the secret of French fashion?
- What role do cuisine and fashion play in French society?
- What does the study of French food and fashion show us about the process of democratization, evolving gender patterns, and the rise of consumer culture?
Through the lens of French food and fashion, we will explore the 17th century of Louis XIV, and meet some of the most important culinary and fashion experts throughout French history. We will discover how France has influenced the world and how food and fashion is intertwined with our own identities here in the U.S.
Please note: There is a $40 course fee to pay for the croissant-making workshop. It will be assessed automatically for students enrolled in the course.
This class provides GenEd A&H, GenEd WC, CASE GCC, and CASE A&H credits.
Class number: 30458