Career Placement Service
- Department-held repository of letters of recommendation for FRIT graduate students seeking employment. New letters may be added at any time, and old letters may be removed from current circulation. You may also request specific letters for individual mailings.
- Mailings of letters of recommendation by the Department of French and Italian in a professionally presented package, email submission of the packet of letters, or web upload of the packet of letters.
- Send an email to the Graduate Student Services Coordinator with the following information:
- Name (please use the same name that you will use in your application materials)
- Current Address
- Current Email Address
- Current Phone Number
- Return a signed copy of the waiver form.
- Ask your recommenders to send/submit their original letters** to the Graduate Student Services Coordinator.
- All information should be sent to the Graduate Student Services Coordinator at the address at the bottom of this page.
** Only general letters should be requested, not customized letters for each position. If you want to have customized letters sent, please ask your professors to send them or submit them directly for each job.
Once your file has been created, letters can be sent out at any time by emailing the Graduate Student Services Coordinator with the following information:
- Make the subject line of your email "Career Placement—[Last Name] [Institution]"
- In the main body of your email, include the names of the institutions and to whom to address correspondence, if known.
- Please specify which letters are to be sent—only letters listed will be included.
- Specify how the packet of letters is to be sent for each job: snail mail, email, website upload, or Interfolio. NOTE: If using Interfolio, a message MUST be added to each request indicating which letter to upload. If not using Interfolio, it may be best to have the institution contact your reference directly, as some independent websites require information about the reference and applicant's relationship that we cannot provide. In this case, you are still welcome to have the reference submit a letter to us to keep for future services.
- Specify the application deadline for each job to which you are applying.
- Domestic mailings can take as long as 2 weeks to make it from our office to their destination. Please plan accordingly. International mailings could take much longer.
- For email or web upload requests, please allow a minimum of 3 business days prior to the job application deadline. Requests made closer to the due date cannot be guaranteed.
New letters may be added to your file and old letters removed at any time. Just contact the Graduate Student Services Coordinator to advise of any changes you would like to have made.
Your Career Placement File will be kept open for five years from the date of creation, unless you request to have it held open after this time. Please remember that employers are interested in recent references, so you will want to have your recommenders submit new letters as appropriate.
If you have questions at any time about the creation or maintenance of your Career Placement file, do not hesitate to contact the Graduate Student Services Coordinator.
Contact Information for All Career Placement Correspondence
Graduate Student Services Coordinator
Department of French and Italian, Indiana University
355 N. Jordan Avenue
Global & International Studies Bldg. 3169
Bloomington, IN 47405