Career Placement Service
- Department-held repository of letters of recommendation for FRIT graduate students seeking employment. New letters may be added at any time, and old letters may be removed from current circulation. You may also request specific letters for individual mailings.
- Mailings of letters of recommendation by the Department of French and Italian in a professionally presented package, email submission of the packet of letters, or web upload of the packet of letters.
- Send an email to the Graduate Secretary with the following information:
- Name (please use the same name that you will use in your application materials)
- Current Address
- Current Email Address
- Current Phone Number
- Return a signed copy of the waiver form.
- Ask your recommenders to send/submit their original letters to the Graduate Secretary.
- All information should be sent to the Graduate Secretary at the address at the bottom of this page.
Once your file has been created, letters can be sent out at any time by emailing the Graduate Secretary with the following information:
- Make the subject line of your email "Career Placement—[Last Name] [Institution]"
- In the main body of your email, include the names of the institutions and to whom to address correspondence, if known.
- Please specify which letters are to be sent—only letters listed will be included.
- Specify how the packet of letters is to be sent for each job: snail mail, email, website upload, or Interfolio. NOTE: If using Interfolio, a message MUST be added to each request indicating which letter to upload.
- Specify the application deadline for each job to which you are applying.
- Domestic mailings can take as long as 2 weeks to make it from our office to their destination. Please plan accordingly. International mailings could take much longer.
- For email or web upload requests, please allow a minimum of 3 business days prior to the job application deadline. Requests made closer to the due date cannot be guaranteed.
New letters may be added to your file and old letters removed at any time. Just contact the Graduate Secretary to advise of any changes you would like to have made.
Your Career Placement File will be kept open for five years from the date of creation, unless you request to have it held open after this time. Please remember that employers are interested in recent references, so you will want to have your recommenders submit new letters as appropriate.
If you have questions at any time about the creation or maintenance of your Career Placement file, do not hesitate to contact the Graduate Secretary.
Contact Information for All Career Placement Correspondence
Department of French and Italian, Indiana University
1020 E. Kirkwood Avenue
Ballantine Hall 642
Bloomington, IN 47405-7103